Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Recent Headlines from the Garden

The Garden.  AKA:  the cemetery.

We've been calling it 'the garden' because it's just easier to say to our little ones that we're going to the 'garden' instead of the 'cemetery'.  And I like how Levi asks me sometimes if we're going to Elliana's garden, or if we're going to Hobby Lobby to pick out new flowers for the garden.  :-)

The weeping willow flowers are gone.  They've been replaced with a much smaller arrangement of bright spring-colored flowers.  I miss the cascade.

The newest 'neighbor' has her stone.  A little girl named Gracie.

I didn't realize that people use cemeteries for exercise and dog-walking purposes.  It caught me off guard for a while.  I think I'm used to it now.  And I don't find myself the least bit self-conscious when those dog-walking exercise people walk past me as I'm making new flower arrangements for Elliana's vase.  I don't care if I look crazy.

And that's so not me.  I have always cared if I look crazy.

Not anymore.

And... I hesitate to share this headline publicly.  But I will.

*Big Sigh*

I don't *think* it's printed anywhere in our cemetery guidelines that peeing on the grounds is prohibited.

Because for a brief moment, which felt like an eternity, I was certain that we were about to be fined.  Or imprisoned.

I was brushing off Elliana's stone while Seth and Levi 'played' around me.  And I remember hearing Seth say, 'Mom, I need to go potty.'

I had my back to him, so I just said, 'OK, Seth.  I'll take you in just a - '

I turned around, and I was looking at my 2-year-old's BARE BUTTOCKS.

(Whispering as loudly as I could, hoping that no one else had seen him or could hear me)  'Oh NO, Seth!  Stop!  You can't do that here!  Pull your pants back up!'

But it was too late.  The stream of pee had already started, and MY SON WAS PEEING IN BABY LAND.

At least he's only 2.

And at least he was peeing in the hedges.

But OH.MY.WORD.  Talk about complete and utter humiliation.  I was absolutely mortified.

I wonder, though - do you think Elliana and Jesus were laughing?  :-)


2 comments:

  1. Well *I* am laughing! But only because it wasn't me. I'll be Elliana would join him with a poopsplosion.

    ReplyDelete