Saturday, June 15, 2013

Pictures

I was looking through my collection of pictures tonight, trying to find one to post on facebook in honor of Father's Day.

I chose this one:

I love how our hands, Jason's and mine, completely encircle her.  Jason loved her so much - his Ella Belle.


I may post this one tomorrow, in honor of my dad:



He arrived at the hospital at about 2am.  I just love my dad.  :-)


And when I saw this one again tonight... I just have no words.  Only memories.  And love.  I was holding her for the first time.






4 comments:

  1. Hi there Shannon - I am so sorry for your loss of your pretty daughter. She had wonderful hair and, in the photos after her birth, looks so like her mummy :)

    I am in the UK. Some years back, I suffered four miscarriages and one of them was a baby with Trisomy 13. It was very sad. Obviously, losing a baby earlier isn't the same as losing one full term... It must be very sad for you and your family.

    I have a ten year old son, who was born two years after I lost the baby with Trisomy 13. He makes me very happy every day but I will never forget the other babies. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I was interested to read that two of your children are adopted - my mum is adopted, as are many other people in my family. What is striking is how your two - Melissa and Elijah (I hope I've got their names right!) look so like you and Jason. Do you think people grow to look like their loved ones even if they don't share a genetic connection? xxx

    ReplyDelete