Thursday, June 6, 2013

Another Simple Comment

I taught some piano lessons today.  Which meant that a few students had to actually walk into the disaster area that is currently my living room because of my attempt to 'clean out' my bedroom.

The last student of the day had to sit on the couch and wait for a minute or two while I finished up the previous lesson.  When she sat down next to me at the piano bench, I apologized for the mess she'd had to look at.

This sweet girl, just 8 years old, without any hesitation at all, said, 'Oh, it's ok.  I was actually just looking at that picture of Elliana.  That's a picture of her, right?  She has so much pretty hair.'

It brought tears to my eyes.  But it was ok.

It helps for people to say her name.  To look at her picture.  To tell me they're looking at her picture.  It helps.

Sweet little LL, thank you.  When most of my thoughts were consumed with remembering the last few hours I had with her, your simple comment *helped me*.  Just by looking at her picture and saying her name.

You made my day.  :-)

1 comment: