Saturday, June 29, 2013

10,000

A year ago this weekend, I was 18 weeks pregnant.  My gender-reveal ultrasound was scheduled for Tuesday, July 3, 2012.

A year ago on this Saturday evening, Jason and I took the kids to a Mexican restaurant in Greensboro (some place where kids eat free on Saturdays) and announced to them that they'd be welcoming a new brother or sister into the family near Thanksgiving.

They were excited.  :-)

I remember feeling awful that day.  I don't remember why, but I hadn't eaten much that day, and by the time I sat down for chips and salsa, I felt absolutely terrible.  One of those pregnancy things.

And a year ago on this Saturday evening, we met some friends at Maxie B's.

It was a good evening.

A year ago Sunday, I led worship at church.  It was a last-minute thing - the worship leader may have gotten sick?  I don't remember for sure.  But I filled in.  I don't lead often.  I enjoyed it that day.

And then, 2 days later, July 3 happened.  And life has never been the same.

How different things are a year later.  So much has changed.

Most Sundays these days, I'm behind the piano at my church in Asheboro.  I play with 2 of my really good friends, and though we're a small band, we work really well together.  :-)  I love my band.  

Tomorrow, I'm doing something a little different.  I'm supposed to play at a church near Charlotte.

We're playing one of my Chris Tomlin favorites - 'Whom Shall I Fear'.

We're playing 'Cornerstone' - one of my new favorites.  I think I might even want to try to lead that one sometime.  Which would be huge (for me, anyway), since I haven't led anything in a year.

We're playing 'Your Love Never Fails' and 'Forever Reign' - I'm really enjoying both of those.

And we're playing '10,000 Reasons'.

The last verse of that song:

  And on that day when my strength is failing
  The end draws near and my time has come
  Still my soul will sing your praise unending 
  Ten thousand years and then forevermore

I've seen that.  Experienced it.  I saw my daughter's strength fail.  I saw the end draw near.

And I was there when her time came.  When she began her '10,000 years', her 'forevermore'.

Not sure I'll be able to make it through that verse tomorrow.

But I will love playing it.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the piano is feeling good for you. You're on my mind as July 3 approaches.

    ReplyDelete