Tuesday, May 21, 2013

More Questions

Will a cup of Starbucks coffee always put me back in that hospital room, when her heartbeat was a rhythmic drum beat, and her movements were a song?

Will passing the baby department at walmart ever not make me want to sit down and cry?

When will I be able to sit in church, listen to a sermon, and not want to throw things?

Is it blasphemous to want to dump the communion elements all over someone?

Will I ever pass exits 102 or 103 on the interstate and not want to stop at her resting place?

Will I ever be able to sit in the chair I recovered?

When will my mind not be a jumbled mess of thoughts?

Will I ever want my front window curtains to be completely open again?

Why do chips and salsa still help me?

Will I ever move the newborn pajamas (that Jason and I bought the day we first saw Elliana's little heartbeat) from my closet doorknob?

When will I be able to just enjoy the two nieces that Elliana was supposed to grow up with?

When I hear that one song, will my mind always put me back in that day - Sunday, September 30, in my church, sitting with my dear friends?

When will I be able to lay in the dentists' chair for a filling and not have flashbacks to my c-section the night she was born?

Will I ever be 'ok' seeing Funeral Home Man around town?

Is it weird that looking at the EOB from July 3, 2012 makes me re-live that entire day?

Do I even want these things to stop?

AM I JUST INSANE?






3 comments:

  1. I just don't know. The questions are never ending. Especially that last one!

    Much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not insane. You are a honest, Christian woman who has questions.....I admire you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :-) You're right about the honesty, for sure. That might be about the only thing there is to admire!

      Delete