Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Remembering

Tonight, I'm remembering a picture that Jason had taken on his phone.  It was just a few minutes (or maybe even just 1 or 2?) after Elliana had been born.

She was laying in one of those newborn 'beds' - I don't even remember what you call them.

She was naked as a jay bird, her eyes were open, and she looked... startled.  Like, 'who are you people, and where is my mom???'

She looked startled.  Her tiny little 15-and-a-half-inch frame was stretched out, and it looked like every muscle in her body was tense.

Somehow, her little preemie body reminded me of Seth.

She looked strong.

I remember Jason coming over to me, showing me her picture, and telling me that they'd asked him to step away while they worked on her.

Oh, how I wish she'd been strong enough to live.

I just miss her.


2 comments:

  1. In reading this I imagine Elliana looking SO pissed, like she wanted to throw a shoe or something ;)

    She's an amazing little girl.

    Missing her with you, and sharing your pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! Exactly! Like she wanted to throw a shoe! She gets it from her mom. :-)

      Delete