Tuesday, May 14, 2013

That Which Cannot Remain Silent

A friend reminded me of something Victor Hugo said:

     "Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent."

The past few days have been different.  I have felt... quieter?  That might not be the right word.

But there's so much going on in my head and my heart.

I have recently felt compelled to play.  Really play.

Last Friday, I was able to spend some time behind the piano at the church where Elliana's funeral was held.

And then again on Saturday.

And I'm going again today.

Whatever's going on in my heart - tears can't express it, words won't do it justice, and even throwing something won't convey it.

Playing does.

     "Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent."

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing you play. Wish I could find that piano cd you made for me so many years ago... it was my favorite! Love you, my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. The journey is full of twists and turns, isn't it? If playing is what you need right now, then go with it (I know you are).

    ReplyDelete