Tuesday, August 21, 2012

'25 weeks', a couple days late

I'm taking a break from the depressing reality of my thoughts and emotions, and I'm going to attempt something more... fun?  I have a friend who posts weekly about her pregnancy.  She includes a profile picture and details about her cravings, highs, lows, weight gain (yes, really), and how the siblings are doing with all the anticipation of a new baby. 

Although it feels very different for us, I like the idea, and I think I'd like to use it.  I'm going to try adding this to my blog.  Partly because I'm sick of posting/journalling all of this depressing stuff.  My blog just makes me cry.  (I think that can be a good thing, by the way.  Crying isn't wrong, especially in this circumstance.)  And also because - if Elliana's life isn't longer than a few hours or days, then these moments, her days in the womb, are the only time we have to make memories of her.  To make memories with her.  So I want to do that - with as much happiness as I can muster.

Elliana likes this idea.  She just woke up and kicked my belly button.  :-)

I may also change the name of the blog.  It's currently titled 'The Lindegren Family'.  But it's not really about the family.  This is my journal.  It's about my journey to meet my daughter.  Anyway...

25 weeks

The Belly...

(OMGoodness, I can't believe I'm doing this.  I hate having my picture taken.)
(The pictures tell the story - it was quite an ordeal getting a decent picture.)




Obviously, we won't be trying to get all the kids in each week's picture.  I'd wind up in tears and I'd have puffy, red eyes in all the pictures.

The Crappiest Pregnant Moment
Going to the Lazy 5 Ranch and sitting through that hour-long wagon ride.  The very long, bumpy, smelly, joint-wrenching wagon ride.  My hips and lower back paid for that all day.

The Happiest Pregnant Moment
Well, it was sort of bittersweet, but it made us smile, even laugh a little.  I guess a lot of our 'happiest moments' will be bittersweet.  After our appointment last week, Jason and I were talking a little bit about what it would look like to bring her home.  Most of that conversation was really difficult, but then I said, 'If we get to bring her home, that girl will never be put down.  Not for a single second.'  That thought - the thought of just holding her, without fear of spoiling her, but just loving her and being close to her - that made us both happy.

The Cravings
Can't really call them cravings, but at least they sounded good - Hershey's chocolate cream pie and Jason's fried egg sandwiches.

The Big Sibs
Levi felt Elliana kick for the first time!  Elijah acts all tough about it and says, 'What's the big deal?'  But then he'll catch me off guard, give me two hugs, and tell me that one was for Elliana.  Seth and Missy - well, they're not very curious about her yet.  Hoping to remedy that.

Lbs:  pre-preggo weight +1 (Yeah - that's not a typo.  But not surprising, given how emotional this has been, right?)

Big Events/Appointments Coming Up This Week:
Elliana's second echocardiogram is Monday morning, August 20.  (Since I'm posting this late, we've already had the echo.  Will post details about that in the next day or 2.) 





No comments:

Post a Comment