Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October 2

Having a hard day today.

Work kept me somewhat distracted.  I had tasks to do, a co-worker was around - I have a 'boss' to answer to (although it's hard to think of my friend, A, as my 'boss' (-:  ).  Being at work was good.

But thinking about quiet hours during naptime, and then the new-normal Wednesday night activities, and just remembering the first week of October last year - tears feel like they're about to spill over at any moment.

I'm really not sure what choir practice and band practice will look like tonight.  Emotions just feel really raw today.  And I'm not sure that I'll be able to get into choir director mode.  Most Wednesday nights, I think I can manage to be about 80% choir director/20% grieving mom - and that takes effort.  Tonight, it might be more like 40/60.  THAT could be interesting.

How is it that we don't own a baseball bat??  


1 comment: