Monday, October 22, 2012

A Little More Love

I knew I'd leave some things out of my last post.  And I'm sure there are still going to be things I'm not thinking of.

More ways we have been loved well...

So many people have been praying for us.  People I have never met are praying for us. People who have commented on a blog post.  Friends who have asked their churches to pray for us.  Physicians and nurses we have come into contact with. 

I have several friends (and a couple sisters) who text me regularly.  Some to find out if we need anything, others just to let me know that they're thinking about me.  So many of these texts just read, 'Thinking about you.  Love you.'  I have one friend who texts me every single day, and she's been doing this for a few weeks.  She writes to distract me, encourage me, make me laugh, or just share a 'life sucks' mood with me.  I have another friend who doesn't text (yet), but she emails me frequently, letting me know she's praying for me or offering to come and visit.  I have been thankful for all of these people - they have helped me feel not quite so alone in my pit.

And lastly (for today), but most definitely not least, I have a friend who is more like my NC 'family'.  She could easily hold the title 'honorary auntie' with my kids.  The day I went into the hospital, we dropped our 3 youngest kids off at her house (around 1 or 1:30), and she kept them all afternoon.  When we realized I was going to be admitted to the hospital, she fed them dinner, took them back to our house, put them all to bed, and stayed with them until after 10, waiting on my parents to arrive from SC.  She's been 'on-call' to help however she can, and has done so several times over the past month.  More than a month, actually.  This friend has been there for me as long as I've known her.  She's loved us well - she's loved our children well, too.  I wish Elliana could have met her.

And I'm sure there will be more to write about another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment