Sunday, January 13, 2013

The New Blog Look

Months ago, I asked my mom and sisters for some help thinking of a new name for my blog.  It was titled 'The Lindegren Family', but since my blog is more of a journal about Elliana and not really about the whole family, I wanted the title to reflect that.

I got several title suggestions, especially from my sister, Ashley.  I had no idea she could brainstorm like that.  :-)  Her suggestions for a blog title ranged in emotion from really serious (like 'Loving Elliana' and 'God's Answer: Elliana') to crack-me-up hilarious (like 'Naked in Front of a Crowd').  Thanks, Ashley, for inspiring my title and description.  You know my heart well.

And I finally updated the family pic.  My friend, Beth, who lost her own sweet little boy this past May, took the new family photo I posted.  Beth is a professional photographer.  An extraordinary photographer.  She came over to our house when I was 30 weeks pregnant to take some family and maternity pictures.  I'm SO thankful that she felt a sense of urgency to go ahead and do those pictures at 30 weeks.  I was hospitalized at 31 weeks, and Elliana was born 5 short days later.  All of the pictures I've posted (minus maybe 2 or 3 - and it's pretty obvious those are self-portraits. (-: ) - family pictures and pictures of Elliana - have been Beth's masterpieces.  And the pictures of Elliana during the few hours she lived communicate everything we felt.  There are probably close to 100 pictures, and they tell the story of the night she was born and the morning she died.  Those pictures capture both our love and grief for our beautiful girl.  Thank you, Beth.

Why has it taken me months to put up the new picture and re-title the blog?  I have no idea.  If I thought about it or wrote about it long enough, I'd probably figure it out.  Not tonight - maybe another night.

No comments:

Post a Comment